Serial communication has been widely used for many applications such as data transmission, program communication and etc. However, there are main problems with data transmission speed and correction of data coming from the source, especially in high-level programming such as C#, python.
In order to remove these problems, a program that accomplishes high-speed data transmission is established in the C programming language.
What can you do using this program?
- Reading serial port for a selected port name
- Writing the whole data that is read by the program to the text file which is named by the user
- Writing data to the serial port
Which kinds of projects you can utilize the basis of these codes?
- Embedded software simulation
- Real time engine application
- Estimation and Control of Physical System
How can you use the library?
- Create the phiSerialPortParameters variable.
- Giving the file name related to the text files that stores the data coming from the serial port
- Initialize the serial port with the parameters of port name, read/write format, baudrate, byte size, stop bit and parity bit.
- Start serial connection by using phiStartSerialConnectin().
- You can use phiReadData() or phiWriteData() in order to read or write data from serial port, respectively.